Fanstel was established in 1990 as a Caller ID products manufacturers. Our main business was making caller ID products for phone companies. A partial list of our customers: Verizon, AT&T (SBC), Sprint, British Telecom, Telmex (Mexico). Our products evolve from the original Caller ID boxes to VoIP solutions for enterprise, Android desktop phone, and specialized phones for the hearing impaired.
Fanstel began using Bluetooth and WiFi modules in 2009 on VoIP, Android desktop phones, and ODM products development. Our experiences as an user are beneficial on developing modules for other users. We offer two series of wireless modules.
- BlueFan Modules using Toshiba SoCs. BlueFan Series consists of BLE, Bluetooth Dual Mode, WiFi+Bluetooth Dual Mode, and Cortex A9/Linux computer board for IoT hub. At 3.3 mA peak current, Toshiba SoC has the lowest power consumption in industry. Secure connection is available for both BLE and BT classic connections. Secure boot is supported by Cortex A9 processor.
- BlueNor modules using Nordic SoCs. Nordic is the first to offer an SoC fully complied to Bluetooth 5 specifications. Fanstel is the first to ship BT840F, a Bluetooth 5 module using this SoC. BT840F supports BLE, ANT, Thread, and Zigbee. It has a CryptoCell 310 co-processor for secure IoT products.
With an office in Scottsdale Arizona and a factory in Shen Zhen, China. Our customers don't need to go to China to get low price manufacturing services.
Passive components used in our modules are mostly 0201 size. Some modules use multiple layers PCB with 0.1mm buried vias. If your board is a high density and high precision one, we are one of the best choices.
Product Development Services
We are experienced in using the followings on product developments
- ARM Cortex A9 from Toshiba and NXP
- ARM7 and Cortex M processors
- Digital, analog, RF hardware design
- C language, Java
- Android OS
- Linux OS
- iOS and Android apps.