BC832, Micro BLE 5.0 Module for Wearable IoTs
BC832 is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5 with NFC module using Nordic nRF52832 SoC. A chip antenna is integrated.
Size of this micro module is 7.8x8.8x1.3mm. It has 16 castellated pins for applications needing limited number of GPIOs. Additional 20 LGA (Land Grid Array) pins provide access to all nRF52832 GPIO pins.
- Nordic nRF52832 QFAA with ARM Cortex M4F
- 512 KB flash, 64 KB RAM
- Complete RF solution with integrated antenna
- NFC-A tag interface for Out Of Band pairing
- 128-bit AES HW encryption
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
- Nordic SoftDevice Ready
- Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware update
Up to 32 GPIOs, firmware configurable and Peripherals
- 12 bit/200KSps ADC, 8 configurable channels with programmable gain
- Type 2 near field communication (NFC-A) tag
- 64 level comparator
- 15 level low power comparator with wake-up from system OFF mode
- Temperature sensor
- 3x 4-channel pulse width modulator (PWM) units with EasyDMA
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- 5x 32 bit timers with counter mode
- Up to 3x SPI Master/Slave with Easy DMA
- Up to 2x I2C compatible 2-wire master/slave
- I2S with EasyDMA
- UART (CTS/RTS) with EasyDMA
- Programmable peripheral interconnect (PPI)
- Quadrature Demodulator (QDEC)
- AES HW encryption with EasyDMA
- Autonomous peripheral operation without CPU intervention using PPI and Easy DMA
- 3x real time counter (RTC)
- BC832: 32 GPIOs, uses LDO mode only.
- BC832 V1: 30 GPIOs, inductors required for DC to DC converter on main board and enable DCDC converter to have the lowest power consumption.
We will continue to manufacture both BC832 V0 and BC832 V1. BC832 V1 should be used in all new designs.
- Operation voltage: 1.7V to 3.6V
- Peak current: 5.4 mA RX, 5.3 mA TX at 0 dBm.
- 0.4 uA OFF mode, 1.8 uA idle
- RX sensitivity: -96 dBm
- TX power: -20 to +4 dBm in 4 dB steps
- Line of Sight Range: 50 meters (150 feet).
- Sizes: 7.8x8.8x1.3mm
- Operation Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Integrated shield to resist EMI
- Evaluation board: EV-BC832
- FCC ID: X8WBC832
- IC (Industrial Canada) ID: 4100A-BC832
- Europe: Approved
- QDID: 97989
Measuring Bluetooth Ranges in Mesh Networks
Bluetooth Mesh Evaluation board is preloaded with mesh protocol testing firmware. Up to 65536 nodes are supported. Each node can be addressed and controlled by smartphone.
Bluetooth range between a pair of BC832 is shorter than between a phone and a BC832. A different firmware is required to measure the range between a pair of BC832.
Procedures for measuring Bluetooth ranges.
- Download BlueNor Mesh User Manual from the DOWNLOAD section below.
- Download BlueNor Mesh APK from Google Play Store.
- Follow Procedures to Send Message in Mesh Network in the manual.
- Test for the maximum range to receive an ACK from node A.
Enclosure of final product will reduce Bluetooth range. Interference from other wireless sources, walls, and other physical objects will also reduce Bluetooth range. Bluetooth range in end user environment will be shorter.
Datasheets, certificates, evaluation board schematics are available for download.
Evaluation board is pre-loaded with BlueNor Mesh testing firmware. User manual can be downloaded from the section below.
Evaluation board with firmware supporting AT commands is available by special order. Please email Fanstel.
In reel quantity (1K pcs), unit price of BC832 is $6.08.
For production lead time and volume discount, please email Fanstel
BC832 micro Bluetooth 5 module, 10-pack, $7.60 each
100-pack, $6.99 each
Reel quantity (1K pcs), $6.08 each.
30 GPIOs, recommended for all battery powered devices