Fanstel was established in 1990 as a Caller ID products manufacturers. Our main business was making caller ID products for phone companies. A partial list of our customers: Verizon, AT&T (SBC), Sprint, British Telecom, Telmex (Mexico). Our products evolve from the original Caller ID boxes to VoIP solutions for enterprise, Android desktop phone, and specialized phones for the hearing impaired.
Fanstel began using Bluetooth and WiFi modules in 2009 on VoIP, Android desktop phones, and ODM products development. Our experiences as an user are beneficial on developing modules for other users. We offer two series of wireless modules.
- BlueFan Modules using Toshiba SoCs. BlueFan Series consists of BLE, Bluetooth Dual Mode, WiFi+Bluetooth Dual Mode, and Cortex A9/Linux computer board for IoT hub. At 3.3 mA peak current, Toshiba SoC has the lowest power consumption in industry. Secure connection is available for both BLE and BT classic connections. Secure boot is supported by Cortex A9 processor.
- BlueNor modules using Nordic SoCs. Nordic is the first to offer an SoC fully complied to Bluetooth 5 specifications. Fanstel is the first to ship BT840F, a Bluetooth 5 module using this SoC. BT840F supports BLE, ANT, Thread, and Zigbee. It has a CryptoCell 310 co-processor for secure IoT products.
Vertically Integrated Module Manufacturer
We have the following capabilities in-house:
- Hardware engineering
- Firmware engineering
- iOS and Android OS app development
- PCB layout, multiple layers, controlled impedance, 0.1mm buried vias
- SMT line to handle 01005 passive components, BGA with 0.3mm pitch
As a vertically integrated manufacturer, we can continue using testing and field results to improve our production processes. Rework rate of our second generation modules (e.g., BT832) is in PPM (Part Per Million) range,not in "%". As an electronics manufacturer since 1990, we know field failure rate is lower when rework rate is lower.
Our module customers can take advantage of our experiences when they need:
- to minimize PCB size
- to reduce field failure rate of electronics
- to go to market sooner
Please contact Fanstel for any services needed.