Fanstel developed the followings to be used with an existing, programmable coffee maker without Bluetooth interface.
- Control board with BT600E (an nRF51822 BLE module)
- iOS app, EzPro available at Apple App Store
- Android app, EzPro available at Google Play Store
Flip over BrewGenie, remove screws, and remove bottom cover, the following is shown. Coffee Control board is on the upper side of photo.
A photo of bottom side of control board:
- The white color connector is for a water level sensor. Use this sensor to detect water level to prevent brewing without water.
- The 4-pin connector on the middle-right is programming interface with VDD, GND, SWDIO, and SWDCLK.
Component side of control board is shown below.
Control board interface with original coffee maker
- As described above, water level sensor, connector on bottom side.
- It receives 5V DC (black wire) from a power board (converts AC to 5V DC, not a Fanstel board)
- It controls a relay (red wire) to turn AC power to coffee maker on or off.
- Ground (white wire)
It uses a Fanstel BT600E, a Nordic nRF51822 module, with an external antenna.
- SW1 is the Menu button
- LED 3 is a bi-color LED to indicate auto mode and brewing status
- LED 2 is a bi-color LED to indicate Aroma mode and Bluetooth connecting status.
- Download BrewGenie BG120 brochure and user manual.
- Control board schematics and Gerber files.
- SoftDevice for nRF51822.
- Control board (BT600E) firmware source codes.
- EzPro app source codes for iOS.
- EzPro app source codes for Android OS.
BrewGenie BG120 uses 117V AC with an USA type AC plug.
EzPro BrewGenie BG120, Smart Coffee Maker
A smarter brew to wake up to, so you can focus on the rest.
Features of Production Version BrewGenie BG120
- Sets to automatically brew at the same time each morning
- Or, on-demand using your smartphone (even from bed)
- Reminders on your smartphone to set the BrewGenie for brewing the night before
- Smartphone plays alerting tones or music when brewing to wake you up.
- Brew coffee from your bed using your smartphone
- Auto/Brew LED blinks red fast to warn no water in the tank.
- No water warning message/tones on smartphone if connected.
- Stops brewing if no water in tank to prevent overheating..
- Easier to program than using buttons:Auto/manual mode, time to begin brewing, brewing notification, aroma enhancement for brewing 1 to 4 cups, keeps warm time from 10 to 120 minutes.
- Easier to set up, no WiFi router needed
- Reliable, direct connection to a smartphone
- Monitor supply of coffee, and sends notifications when it is time to pick up fresh ground coffee or beans.
- In the future, we plan to offer discount codes for participating local and online retailers
- Line of sight range: 150 feet (similar to WiFi, range is shorter with walls in between).
- Use included permanent filter or #4 cone filter
- Pause & serve lets you pour a cup while brewing
- Capacity 8 cups or 1.2 liters
- Double transparent gauges with clear level marks
- Non stick coating plate to keep coffee warm
- Uses a small amount of counter space, 6.6x9.2x12.2 inches
- 1 button and 2 bi-color LED indicators
- Warranty: 1 year, parts & labor
- Approval FCC, ETL
- iPhone 4S or newer, iPad, iPod Touch
- Smartphone or tablet using Android OS 4.3 or newer
Flat rate shipping for contiguous 48 states of USA only.
For freight cost to Hawaii, Alaska, and other countries, please contact Fanstel.
BrewGenie BG120 has safety and FCC certifications for the USA market. It uses 117V, 60 Hz AC power.