BT840E, Nordic nRF52840 Bluetooth 5, Thread, Zigbee Module, u. FL Connector
BT840E is an advanced, highly flexible solution for today's increasingly demanding Ultra Low Power, Ultra Long Range, and higher throughput applications in the IoT world. Inherent industry-grade security is essential in today's applications, an cryptographic accelerator is embedded.
BT840E should be used with ANT020 external antenna
BT840E and BT840F have identical soldering pad footprints.
For a brief description of Bluetooth mesh and its requirements for security, please go to webpage BT840F.
BT840E Advanced Features
- Bluetooth 5 datarate: 2Mbps, 1Mbps, 500 Kbps, 125 kbps
- IEEE 802.15.4 Thread and Zigbee
- Nordic 2.4 GHz proprietary
- 1.7V to 3.6V DC power supply
- High voltage power supply to accept up to 5.5V DC for direct connection to Lithium batteries or 5V system power. An external voltage regulator is not required. Your total system cost can be lower and your PCB size can be smaller. (To be supported by Rev D silicon)
- Range between two BT840Es is estimated at over 900 meters.
- Embedded CryptoCell 310 co-processor can be used to provide more secure connection and to prevent hacker.
- BT840 is required if your Bluetooth 5 devices are used in mesh networks with many nodes. Security is mandatory in Bluetooth mesh networks. By offloading decryption, encryption, and authentication works to CryptoCell-310, BT840E can deliver high performance in Bluetooth mesh networks.
- Nordic nRF52840 QIAA with ARM Cortex M4F
- ARM CryptoCell-310 cryptographic co-processor
- 1MB flash, 256 KB RAM
- Complete RF solution with an u.FL connector for external antenna ANT020
- Multiple protocols: BLE, ANT, Thread, Zigbee
- NFC-A tag interface for Out Of Band pairing
- 128-bit AES HW encryption
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
- Nordic SoftDevice Ready
- Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware update
48 GPIOs, firmware configurable, Peripherals
- 12 bit/200KSps ADC
- 3x SPI Master/Slave, 8 Mbps
- 2x 2-wireMaster/Slave, I2C compatible
- Quadrature Demodulator (QDEC)
- I2S audio interface
- Digital microphone interface
- Peripherals: Temperature sensor, general comparator, Low power comparator, Random Number Generator
- 20 channel CPU independent Programmable Peripheral Interconnect (PPI)
- 5 x 32 bits, 3 x 24 bits Real Time Counters (RTC)
- Operation voltage: 1.7V to 5.5V
- Operation Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Integrated shield to resist EMI
- Bluetooth Line of Sight Range with ANT020: over 900 meters at 125 Kbps, estimated.
- Sizes: 14.0x16x1.9mm
- Availability: production
- FCC ID: X8WBT840
- IC (Industrial Canada): 4100A-BT840
- Europe: certified
- QDID: 108621
Antenna ANT020 Specifications
ANT020 antenna can be used with Fanstel module with an u.FL connector. It consists of:
- an antenna with an SMA connector and + 2 dBi gain
- an SMA connector to u.FL connector adaptor cable, about 4 inches or 100 mm long
- panel mounting hardware at SMA connector side of adaptor cable.
Price of BT840E is $8.64 each at 1000 pcs. For volume discount and production lead time, please email Fanstel.