BT832AF, nRF52810 Long Range Bluetooth 5 Module
BT832AF is a Bluetooth Low Energy, BLE 5.0 module using Nordic nRF52810 SoC with an integrated high performance PCB trace antenna. Average Bluetooth range is 270 meters between 2 modules.
Size of module is 15x20.8x1.9mm. It has 16 castellated pins for applications needing limited number of GPIOs. Additional 24 LGA (Land Grid Array) pins provide access to all nRF52810 GPIO pins.
Basing on nRF52810, BT832AF is a lower cost alternative to BT832F, an nRF52832 module. BT832AF is pin to pin compatible with BT832F. Three main differences:
- Cortex M4F in BT832F has hardware DSP and floating point instructions. Cortex M4 in BT832AF has hardware DSP instructions but it does not have floating point unit to support hardware instruction.
- Flash/RAM memories in BT832F are 512KB/64KB. They are 192KB/24KB in BT832AF.
- BT832F has NFC tag interface. BT832AF does not have NFC tag interface.
If your application does not need NFC tag interface, hardware floating point instruction, and 192KB flash/24KB RAM is enough, BT832AF can be used instead.
- Nordic nRF52810 QFAA with ARM Cortex M4 (no Floating Point Unit)
- 192 KB flash, 24 KB RAM
- Complete RF solution with integrated antenna
- Bluetooth range: 220 to 330 meters; Average range: 270 meters
- 128-bit AES HW encryption
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
- Nordic SoftDevice Ready
- Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware update
Up to 32 GPIOs, firmware configurable and Peripherals
- 12 bit/200KSps ADC, 8 configurable channels with programmable gain
- 64 level comparator
- 15 level low power comparator with wake-up from system OFF mode
- Temperature sensor
- 3x 4-channel pulse width modulator (PWM) units with EasyDMA
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- 5x 32 bit timers with counter mode
- Up to 3x SPI Master/Slave with Easy DMA
- Up to 2x I2C compatible 2-wire master/slave
- I2S with EasyDMA
- UART (CTS/RTS) with EasyDMA
- Programmable peripheral interconnect (PPI)
- Quadrature Demodulator (QDEC)
- AES HW encryption with EasyDMA
- Autonomous peripheral operation without CPU intervention using PPI and Easy DMA
- 3x real time counter (RTC)
- Operation voltage: 1.7V to 3.6V
- Peak current: 5.4 mA RX, 5.3 mA TX at 0 dBm.
- 0.4 uA OFF mode, 1.8 uA idle
- RX sensitivity: -96 dBm
- TX power: -20 to +4 dBm in 4 dB steps
- Sizes: 14x20.8x1.9mm
- Operation Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Integrated shield to resist EMI
- Evaluation board: EV-BT832F
- FCC ID: X8WBT832
- IC (Industrial Canada) ID: 4100A-BT832
- Europe: Certified
- QDID: 97989
Evaluation Board EV BT832AF
EV BT832AF is preloaded with BT832_AT_57600_V5.hex, AT command application and SoftDevice S132 V5.0.0 Bluetooth 5 stacks. It can be used with Android app BlueNor nrf5x available at Google Play Store. From a Windows PC, you can send AT commands to module or data to an Android phone.
SDK and Android app source codes are available for download in the Bluetooth 5 Codes section of Download BlueNor Document. Other application codes can be downloaded from the same webpage.
To load other codes or to develop your own, a Nordic nRF52 DK is required but not included.
Please contact Fanstel for volume discount and production lead time.
Price: $4.02 each at 1K pcs
BT832AF, BLE 5.0 module with the same soldering pad footprint as BT832A and 270 meters range.
10-pack price, $5.02 each;
100-pack price at $4.62 each
Basing on nRF52810 QFAA with Cortex M4, 192 KB flash, 24 KB RAM.
1K pcs-reel price, $4.02 each