BT832A, nRF52810 Bluetooth 5 Module
BT832A is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5 using Nordic nRF52810 SoC with an integrated PCB trace antenna.
Size of module is 14x16x1.9mm. It has 16 castellated pins for applications needing limited number of GPIOs. Additional 24 LGA (Land Grid Array) pins provide access to all nRF52810 GPIO pins.
Basing on nRF52810, BT832A is a lower cost alternative to BT832, an nRF52832 module. BT832A is pin to pin compatible with BT832. Three main differences:
- Cortex M4F in BT832 has hardware DSP and floating point instructions. Cortex M4 in BT832A has hardware DSP instructions but it does not have floating point unit to support hardware instruction.
- Flash/RAM memories in BT832 are 512KB/64KB. They are 192KB/24KB in BT832A.
- BT832 has NFC tag interface. BT832A does not have NFC tag interface.
If your application does not need NFC tag interface, hardware floating point instruction, and 192KB flash/24KB RAM is enough, BT832A can be used instead.
Tentative price of BT832A is $3.54 each at 1K pcs and $3.75 each at 1-pcs. Samples are coming soon.
- Nordic nRF52810 QFAA with ARM Cortex M4 (no Floating Point Unit)
- 192 KB flash, 24 KB RAM
- Complete RF solution with integrated antenna
- 128-bit AES HW encryption
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
- Nordic SoftDevice Ready
- Over-The-Air (OTA) firmware update
Up to 32 GPIOs, firmware configurable and Peripherals
- 12 bit/200KSps ADC, 8 configurable channels with programmable gain
- Type 2 near field communication (NFC-A) tag
- 64 leve comparator
- 15 level low power comparator with wake-up from system OFF mode
- Temperature sensor
- 3x 4-channel pulse width modulator (PWM) units with EasyDMA
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- 5x 32 bit timers with counter mode
- Up to 3x SPI Master/Slave with Easy DMA
- Up to 2x I2C compatible 2-wire master/slave
- I2S with EasyDMA
- UART (CTS/RTS) with EasyDMA
- Programmable peripheral interconnect (PPI)
- Quadrature Demodulator (QDEC)
- AES HW encryption with EasyDMA
- Autonomous peripheral operation without CPU intervention using PPI and Easy DMA
- 3x real time counter (RTC)
- Operation voltage: 1.7V to 3.6V
- Peak current: 5.4 mA RX, 5.3 mA TX at 0 dBm.
- 0.4 uA OFF mode, 1.8 uA idle
- RX sensitivity: -96 dBm
- TX power: -20 to +4 dBm in 4 dB steps
- Sizes: 14x16x1.9mm
- Operation Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Integrated shield to resist EMI
- Evaluation board: EV-BT810
- FCC ID:
- IC (Industrial Canada) ID:
Please contact Fanstel for sample and evaluation board ship date.