BT680F, Bluetooth 5 Module, Long Range, Automobile Temperature, AT Commands
BT680F Series use Toshiba TC35680 SoCs. They are long range Bluetooth 5 modules supporting CODED PHY for range up to 900 meters at 125 kbps.
BT680F Bluetooth 5 Module
BT680FAT is preloaded with AT Command Codes for legacy products upgrading to Bluetooth 5 features and longer range.
BT680E with an u.FL connector for external antenna.
BT680T can operate in automobile temperature range with an external serial EEPROM.
Bluetooth 5 Specifications
Three key features of Bluetooth 5 specs for Bluetooth 5 products:
- 2X bandwidth to support 2Mbps data rate.
- 4X range to provide coverage of an entire home or building.
- 8X broadcasting message length from 31 bytes to 255 bytes.
Bluetooth SIG CORE_v5.0 LE CODED PHY uses FEC (Forward Error Correction) codes, 8 or 2 symbols to represent 1 data bit, and 1 M Symbols per second (MSps) transmission rate. Effectively, the maximum data rate is 125 kbps when 8 symbols are used. This FEC coding allows receivers to receive much weaker signals and to increase range by 4 times.
BT680F with Bluetooth mesh stacks can be used with available WiFi to BLE gateway or BLE 5 USB dongle to connect to an IoT Cloud server.
- Standalone or used with a host MCU by UART interface/HCI Commands
- Bluetooth SIG certified BLE 5 stacks embedded in mask-ROM.
- Toshiba SOC, built-in Cortex M0 processor
- Masked-ROM: includes boot program upto GATT layer.
- RAM: 144KB (user-area RAM: 76 KB)
- Flash: 128KB
- Bluetooth RF analog core, baseband digital core and integrated antenna
- TX power: +8 dBm
- Receiver sensitivity at 1Mbps: -95 dBm
- Receiver sensitivity at 125 Kbps (coded PHY): -105 dBm
- Size: 15x20.8x1.9mm
- Bluetooth range: 900 meters at 125 Kbps, estimated.
- Bluetooth range: 450 meters at 1Mbps, estimated.
- Secure connection
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) V5 GATT profile with OTA (Over The Air) support.
- Up to 18 General Purpose IOs to be configured by firmware:
- SPI interface, I2C interface
- UART interface, 9600bps to 921.6 Kbps
- Support for wake up interfaces
- Up to 5 ADC channels (1 for internal monitoring of VDD).
- Up to 4 PWM channels
- On board 32 MHz main clock
- External 32.768 kHz sleep clock
- Operation voltage: 1.9V-3.6V
- Peak current consumption, 11.5 mA (+8 dBm TX, 2Mbps PHY)
- Deep sleep mode, <0.1uA
- Integrated PCB trace antenna,
- Operation Temperature: -40oC to +85oC
- Hybrid Castellated and LGA, 40 pins: pins. Easier prototyping, easier production.
- Integrated shield to resist EMI
For volume discount and production lead time, please email Fanstel.